This afternoon I discovered it has been a year since my very first post. And what better to celebrate than to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Laura over at Aprons and Shoestrings, and thank you Laura. You can read her smashing blog about parenting on a budget here http://apronsandshoestrings.com and I am very flattered that she decided to share the blog love with Two Years Old and Rising.
This is the second time (but the first time this year) that I’ve been nominated and am very grateful to be asked once again. The Liebster Award helps bloggers with fewer than 1,000 followers to get their names out there and helps us promote our blogs better.
Readers get to find out 22 random facts about me, and I send on questions to the lovely bloggers I nominate.
The rules of the competition:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, posting a link back to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award logo on your blog post or as a widget or gadget. It’s best to save the image to your desktop and then upload it to your post.
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which the person who nominated you has asked.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate five – 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award, and who have less than 1000 followers. (You can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information.)
6. Create a new list of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated for the Liebster Award that you’ve actually done so! Provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
So brace yourselves-11 random facts about me…
1. I was born on a Tuesday.
2. I play the bass guitar.
3. I couldn’t live without bananas or Jaffa cakes.
4. Blancmange makes me shudder.
5. I am now on my third allotment.
6. After having pneumonia this year I am champing at the bit to start running again.
7. I briefly had green hair.
8. I once interviewed Tony Benn.
9. This will be the first year of my life I haven’t had a cat.
10. I never leave the house without liquid eyeliner on.
11. I love really terrible jokes, the worse the better.
Questions from Laura
1.What do you love most about blogging?
I love putting pen to paper and having a record of toddler life-even looking back now there are things I’ve forgotten about and it’s only been a year!
2.Who do you admire the most?
There are lots of people in the world but probably my Mum.
3.If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you are now, where would it be?
It would have to be Las Vegas.
4.Marmite – love it or hate it?
I’m ashamed to say I am not a fan, though it does make a lovely stock!
5.Flat shoes or high heels?
Flat shoes, preferably on big boots. I like keeping my feet warm.
6.If you could be Queen for the day what would you do first?
Declare an extra Bank Holiday.
7.What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?
Going rapid floating in Finland, it was scary but worth it, needed some help getting back on the boat though!
8.How long have you been blogging?
9.What’s your favourite meal?
10.What are you reading right now?
The Street Trader’s Lot-London 1851, by Henry Mayhew and Stanley Rubenstein.
11.Which do you prefer, the seaside, the countryside or the city?
I think now I have a toddler it would be the seaside, it’s a place where I don’t have to constantly remind him not to do this or that, he can just run about and enjoy it.
And these are my questions to the bloggers I’ve nominated:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What do you enjoy most about it?
3. What’s the food you couldn’t live without?
4. Who is your inspiration?
5. What’s your favourite film?
6. What was your first pet?
7. Do you have a pet hate?
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
9. What’s the best book you’ve ever read?
10. What kind of holiday do you like the most-beach, countryside or city?
11. What day of the week were you born on?
And here are my nominated blogs, all very deserving-and please forgive me if you have over 1,000 readers! :