The Liebster Award is for new bloggers like me, and I am delighted to say that the lovely Sarah from
My Beautiful Three has very kindly nominated me!
The award is given to new bloggers with less than 200 followers to show appreciation and help them gain more followers. I am very grateful to Sarah whose fabulous blog http://mybeautifulthree.wordpress.com/about-2/” is all about life with her family as a stay at home mum.
In order to accept this nomination I have to:
•Link back to the blog that nominated me
•Answer all questions set by the nominator
•Share 11 random fact about myself
•Nominate 5-11 blogs myself
•Create 11 questions for my nominees
•Contact my nominees to let them know that I have nominated them!
So here are the questions from Sarah…
1) When and why did you start blogging?
I started when my son Raffie turned two. I’d heard all kinds of things about the terrible twos and was a bit apprehensive so thought it would be good to share our experiences!
2) Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
3) Gary Barlow, Dermot O’Leary and Dr Ranj- Snog/Marry/Avoid?!
It would have to be Dermot O’Leary, Gary Barlow and Dr Ranj in that order, though I feel I should add that Dr Ranj does seem like a very nice chap and is great with kids!
4) Do you watch any soaps? What’s your favourite?
No not any more, I used to listen to the Archers but it’s quite difficult to hear over Raffie-I’m afraid it’s the odd ten minutes of Hollyoaks every now and then now and it’s just not the same since Brendon left!
5) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
6) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Las Vegas, for the food, the lights and the natural beauty which lies around it.
7) What’s your favourite hot beverage?
Decaff black coffee (not very rock and roll!)
8) What’s your favourite type of music to dance to?
I don’t do dancing really as I’m rubbish, but it would have to be 1990s indie pop!
9) Are you enjoying blogging so far and do you think you’ll stick to it?
Yes I am, I still have a huge amount to learn but I intend to stick with it.
10) What is your earliest childhood memory?
Sitting in a washing up bowl in the back yard.
11) Is there anything you do as a parent that your mother did, that you swore you wouldn’t do before you had kids, but that you now do lots?!
Telling Raffie to play nicely, all the time!
Random facts about me:
1) I worked in Madeira for a year and lived on a banana farm.
2) I played with a tiger cub who was cute but just a little bit too strong.
3) Just before Raffie was born I had to use crutches to get about. It was a bit of shock to the system but finally I have just started running again and have a long way to go before even approaching fit!
4) I love watching cheesy television. I am a big fan of Diagnosis Murder, I think Dick Van Dyke is brilliant though I have never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang so really should explore his earlier work!
5) I used to work for a newspaper and was lucky enough to interview some very interesting people, including Bill Wyman, and we had a cup of tea and some egg sandwiches together.
6) My favourite kind of movies are action films, I love anything with Bruce Willis especially the Die Hard series.
7) I played a lot of table tennis when I was at school and was in the county league. It’s still the only sport I could actually do and it took a lot of practice!
8) I have played the bass guitar since I was about 12. I have been in a few bands and we had a reunion last year, playing together for the first time in years and it was nerve wracking but great.
9) I can’t stand milk.
10) But I do love chocolate, in all its beautiful forms. And wine. Preferably both together.
11) I like to grow vegetables but have varying degrees of success.
I wasn’t sure how new a new blog needed to be, but would like to nominate the following who have started in the last six months or so and whose work I’ve been enjoying reading!
As It Seams http://as-it-seams.blogspot.co.uk/
Things to Bake and Do http://www.thingstobakeanddo.co.uk/
By Hook or Crook http://katescrochet.wordpress.com/
Milk for Iona http://milkforiona.tumblr.com/
Mad Mum of 7 http://www.madmumof7.com/
Up All Hours http://www.upallhoursblog.com/
Textile Annie http://textileannie.blogspot.co.uk
Mum in a Hurry http://muminahurry.com/
My American Psyche http://myamericanpsyche.blogspot.co.uk/
And your questions are…
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What do you enjoy most about it?
3) Do you have a favourite blog? If so, which one?
4) What would be your perfect day out?
5) If you won the Lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
6) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7) What’s your favourite album?
8) What was your favourite subject at school?
9) What did you want to be when you were little?
10) How do you relax?
11) If you were an animal, what would you be?